There is increasing social and regulatory pressure on companies of all sizes to use responsible processes and materials designed to protect the environment for future generations. One important aspect of this is to keep packaging products out of landfills. Aluminum is the most recycled of all recyclable packaging products.
- Aluminum is 100% recyclable and can be recycled indefinitely.
- Shining high recycle content aluminum for its bottles with approximately 80% recycled metal content vs. industry average of only about 60%
- Recycled aluminum uses 95% less energy to produce than virgin aluminum.
- Aluminum bottles are 90% lighter than glass which requires less fuel to transport and reduces its carbon footprint.
- Approximately 28% of glass is recycled, compared to around 57% of aluminum
- A predominance of green glass bottles end up in landfills as do a significant portion of all other glass when the costs to transport (heavy) glass to a processing facility outweigh the value of the glass itself. The effective “recycle radius” decreases as energy prices increase.